In our hotel, the priority is you. And you. And you. Each with your differences, your joys and sorrows. And a great pity are allergies, which affect to one in three people each year and can disrupt a great travel experience, whether for business or pleasure.
In the Rio Bidasoa Hotel we had an idea: to offer to our clients who let us know in advance rooms under a strict maintenance and cleaning protocol in order to avoid, as far as possible, contact with the major allergens. And we called them the Green Rooms.
Our systematic and certified corrective process reduces these allergens, environmental (mites, mold spores, pollen, etc.) or others (irritating fumes from common cleaning products) to acceptable levels for allergy sufferers.
The system implanted in the Green Rooms includes:
- A selection of rooms offering ideal allergen-proof conditions.
- Regular removal of dead skin cells, mites, fungus spores, animal epithelia and other allergens.
- Control of temperature, relative humidity and other atmospheric conditions.
- Reduction in the number of surfaces and objects likely to attract dust.
- Vacuuming of surfaces and objects with vacuum cleaners fitted with HEPA filters.
- Use of sheets, duvets, duvet covers, etc. of allergen-proof fabric and pore size.
- A hygiene guide on how to reduce allergens when cleaning the room, sheets, duvets and duvet covers.
- Well-aired rooms.
- Animal control.
- Pollen control.
Further information is available now at Hondarribiaturismo.org.